Overdraft Coverage Information
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to
cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings
account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices.
To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of
transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that
we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if SHELL LAKE STATE BANK pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $25.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Also, if your account is overdrawn for 7 or more consecutive calendar
days, we will charge an additional $10 and $10 every 7 calendar days thereafter.
- The maximum total fees that we can charge you for overdrawing your account is $25.
What fees will I be charged if SHELL LAKE STATE BANK returns a check or other electronic item?
- We will charge you $25 for each NSF check, or other electronic item returned.
What if I want SHELL LAKE STATE BANK to authorize and pay overdrafts on
my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday
debit card transactions, call 715-468-7858
, or complete the form below and click Submit, or print the form and present it at a branch, or mail it to:
SHELL LAKE STATE BANK
P.O. Box 130
Shell Lake, WI 54871
- Overdraft Coverage Information